Welcome to Falkner Swamp UCC
What’s in store for you and your children here at Falkner Swamp United Church of Christ?
Here is what you will find:
Christian Education for all ages
· Sunday School Program– 9:00-9:45 Sunday mornings September thru May
· ADULTS/PARENTS/GUARDIANS gather in our Fellowship Hall for casual conversation and reflection, led by lay leaders
· Children are in 2 classrooms, generally, PRE-SCHOOL-GRADE 2 and JUNIORS GRADE 3-6
· CONFIRMATION CLASS– our pastor leads our Middle School students, building on the Sunday School teachings and leads young people to affirm their faith
Note: Lessons are based on nationally recognized curricula and website activities
· As part of the 10:00 Worship time , this is a time for all children to be invited up to the front of the sanctuary and become part of receiving a Christian message lead by the pastor or various lay leaders.
· During the Worship, right after Children’s Moment, the Nursery is opened for children up through Grade 2
· A Church member volunteer stays with children brought down to the nursery room
· 2nd and 4th Sundays each month
· During Worship, right after Children’s Moment, all children are invited downstairs to work on projects that reach out to serve our communities. This is a way for our children to become part of OUR CHURCH’S WIDER MISSION.
· Past projects: bookmarks for local library; Christmas cards for our homebound members, our local firemen and police officers, and our troops overseas; Operation: Christmas Child gift boxes; back-to-school boxes
Note: All of our church school teachers and nursery volunteers have up-to-date state mandated clearances on file.
· Several times a year, children and adults create activities that include our church and communities in an effort to raise funds for the Christian Ed Program
· 10% of our raised funds are earmarked for the support of The Mustard Seed School in Africa
· Examples: A Joyful Noise coin collection once a month during Worship; Annual Crockpot Cook-Of
· Several times a year, activities are scheduled that give our children and congregation the opportunity to enjoy each other’s company in Christian fellowship.
· Examples: movie night at the church, mini-golf, doggie roast with a bonfire and movie; ice cream for lunch at Suloman’s Dairy
Come and join us in joy and fellowship!